Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Schnoooz

Did anyone else find the Golden Globes Awards (GGA) last night to be one big zzzzzzzzzz?  After last-year's face ripping roast put down by the uber-tiny but uber-hysterical Ricky Gervais, this year's GGA's felt about as harsh as a Betty White smile.  Ricky, I know the truth is funnier than fiction but the jokes about the Kardashians being trashy are getting a bit long in the tooth.  In addition, I found the Ashton-Demi divorce jokes to be stale and even the reference to Jodie Foster's beav lacked ooomph.  I mean...can we please keep our beav references to actresses under 40?


Well, with the exception of Elle McPherson..wait, which brings me to my next point...did anyone see Elle being interviewed on the red carpet by Giuliana Rancic?  Now I know why young girls in our culture are so messed up about their self-image.  I have never seen more adoration bestowed on a human being for simply being attractive than I saw last night.  Giuliana Ran-o-Rexcic (please eat a meal one of these years) started out the interview very subtly: "I just wanted to tell you that you are the most beautiful woman on the face of the earth."  Every follow up comment centered on Elle's beauty, the fact that she's more attractive than every other human being, how does she stay so hot, etc...you get the point.  We get it...she's hot.  Did anyone see Jhonny Depp?  Was it more or did he look like he had a few marbles jarred loose and more wobbly than with a peg-leg on a pirate's ship.  Someone needed to remind Jhonny he was at the GGA's and not a remake of Edward Scissorhands.  On a final note, mila kunis is really dope, yea I really just said it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment