Thursday, January 12, 2012

Welcome to the World!

What's this blog about? Nothing. Nothing? Exactly!
So here it is... our very first post.  In many ways, I feel like a proud papa.  Like your typical (Jewish) father, I worry about my new creation instantly.  What am I worried about?  Hmm, let's see.  I worry if my blog will be liked?  Will people embrace it or will it be shunted aside; swallowed whole in the miasma that is World Wide Web?  Will it be something that I show off to my friends like any good (Jewish) father would do, or will I constantly fret that it doesn't have enough followers?

If there's one thing I am confident of, it is that this blog will be a blog that all can enjoy.  Think of it as Monk's, the famous Seinfeld coffee shop where the crew gathered to, well, discuss nothing.  The beauty of Monk's is that it brought the crew together and gave them a forum to discuss anything and everything going on in their lives.  This blog was created with the same vision and fundamentals.  Trust me, I have no delusions of grandeur that this blog will be the next Facebook and I the next Mark Zuckerberg.  The mission of this blog is to provide provocative information that stimulates thought.  Whether that be the scores in our fantasy baseball matchup (yes, we are fantasy geeks) or the chances Mitt Romney wins the Republican nomination, this site will be a virtual cornucopia of relevant information that appeals to all.

So as I sit here on January 12, 2012 and attempt to project the future prosperity of this blog, I realize that the ultimate success or failure resides in you the reader.  With that I say a L'chaim and send this blog off into all that is the World Wide Web.  Go out there and make me proud son!

2 comments:

  1. Alright...not a Seinfeld fan at all so when you mentioned Monk's I thought it was the show, Monk!! Now that show made me laugh! Congratulations on your new blog. Appreciate the heads up to read it and believe me, I have plenty of topics to talk amongst yourselves should you ever need!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did anyone catch Jimmy Kimmel's proposed new campaign slogan for Romney? "Mitt...or get off the pot".

    ReplyDelete